Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Lazy Days

When I had a normal Monday-to-Friday type job, I hated to go back to work the day after Christmas. Christmas on a Friday (like this year) was special. You had two days to extend celebrations or travel back home or just enjoy a buffer between the holiday and the work-a-day world. 

I have a list of things to do between Christmas and New Year's Day, but figured I could give myself Christmas weekend off. The problem is that it's too easy to extend that time off into the week. 

I made potato soup on Sunday. I had looked at several recipes and decided on one, and then I realized that I didn't have enough potatoes and I had forgotten to get sour cream. I adjusted the recipe and substituted cream cheese for sour cream. It worked out well. On Monday I pureed the soup. It was thick so I added some half-and-half and chicken broth. Then we added some grated cheddar. I kept adding spices and ultimately loved this soup. Pretty good for my first attempt. I'll definitely make it again. 

I thought of making a different soup today, but time got away from me. I'll make more soups and chili soon. Today I finished the grocery shopping list, sorted the laundry, get my second shingles shot, and picked up a book from the library. (I had requested three; I'm on hold for one, the other isn't available.) The book I got was Crimson River by Preston & Child. 

Tomorrow I'll try to be more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment