Sunday, January 3, 2021

2020 Goals Review--Part One

I'll start with some successes.

I stopped drinking for about six weeks. Some variation of this has been an annual goal for over 20 years. I only remember failing once. I was at a work dinner; a co-worker ordered a bottle of white wine and no one else was drinking it, so I had a glass. A dumb reason to miss a goal. I was proud that I kept my goal the year I broke my ankle--that would have been a good excuse to drink. 

Blogging: I selected 200 posts as a reasonable goal. I didn't want to write posts just for the sake of writing posts when I struggled for something to say. I wrote 207 posts in 2020.

Exercise goals: I wanted to go to the gym 150 times and exercise at least one half hour every day. I had been on a roll--going to the gym often since sometime last fall. This year I only went to the gym 39 times. I last went to the gym on March 16th before the state closed the gyms that night. In Connecticut, the gyms reopened in July, but I haven't returned. I had hoped to resume visits in September, but I still don't feel comfortable working out in the gym. 

I've been walking Lola every day, and I try to do some other exercise. I miss going to the gym, but the risks aren't worth it. 

Reading: My goal was to read 25 books. I read 23, including most of the books in the house. I read a few poetry chapbooks and part of Leaves of Grass that aren't included in the 23. This was a doable goal; I'm disappointed I didn't met it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment