Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Hello Joe. Whatta You Know?

You're President, so here we go. (Apologies to Joltin' Joe DiMaggio.)

Inauguration Day 2021--our long national nightmare is over. I stole the line from Gerald Ford and used it in another post about the length of the presidential campaign.

Donald Trump is gone--at least from the White House. I read this article last night. I heartily agree that Trump is the worst President in US history. I learned a lot from the article about Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan. I couldn't have told you anything about Pierce before; the only thing I knew about Buchanan was that he was the only bachelor president. (Bachelor President--sounds like a new dating show on Fox TV.) Thank you US high school education. 

Grievance President--that's how CNN's John King described Trump, who blames anyone and everyone else for his problems and failures.

Good riddance is too mild a term for my feelings.

Welcome Joe Biden, fellow Blue Hen. You will take the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting economic disaster seriously. Just by doing that, you will eclipse your predecessor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment