Sunday, April 25, 2021

Library Book Sale

I was psyched yesterday to go to a library book at Pequot Library in Southport. It's been over a year since I've been to a book sale. The sale was held outside in a tent; entrances and exits were clearly marked; reservations were taken. 

I ended up buying five books (for $13.)

Dead Land by Sara Paresky: I started this yesterday.

Paradise Alley by Kevin Baker: Years ago I read a review of Baker's book Dreamland and was interested. While I haven't read Dreamland, I remembered Baker's name and picked up this book.

Four Novels of the 1960s by Philip K. Dick: the novels are The Man in the High Castle, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and Ubik. I've never read Dick and am looking forward to reading these novels. 

The final books are two I read before.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle: I wanted to have my own copy of this.

Katherine by Anya Seton: I read this book years ago, but decided to reread it since I've been reading about the Plantagenets, Beauforts, and Tudors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment