Monday, April 5, 2021

Taste of Childhood

This was our second Easter while sheltering. While many people are traveling to see family, Jeff and I are not. Plus, Jeff was semi-quarantined for the weekend. He tested negative for Covid-19 on Friday and has a procedure tomorrow at the hospital. 

I made dinner. For a change, I made dessert--what my sister used to call depression dessert--because the ingredients are cheap. My mother used to make it and I assume my grandmother before her. A few months ago, my nephew asked if I had the recipe--I do--and I bought the ingredients shortly after that, so I had everything ready to go. 

My mother's recipe is a little vague, and I apparently used the wrong size pie plate, but the result was delicious. I didn't remember this dessert being this good. 

This Lemon Fluff recipe is very close to what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment