Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Welcome March

I've been thinking of ways to describe the last week in February: mercurial, interesting, ricochet. I'll start with the weather. On Wednesday, Lola and I walked on the NRVT and it was 70 degrees. Then temperatures plummeted. Two days later, we dealt with icy rain and snow. 

My mood was as changeable as the weather. I am struggling to accomplish---well anything. I keep up with the day-to-day things that I have to do like cooking, dishes, laundry, and Lola. Beyond that, it's not so easy. Then I get frustrated with myself for my lack of accomplishments and my choices. For example, I had planned to get all our income tax documents together last weekend. (Friday was the first day one document was available.) I completely forgot, and now another week has passed. While waiting a week to deal with the taxes is not a real problem, it's a symptom of a real problem.

There were a few new developments. I finished February with an Ekphrastic Writing Workshop at the Aldrich Museum. We looked at three exhibits and wrote about artworks of our choice. It was a nice afternoon. Jeff started acupuncture treatment. Hopefully it will ease his pain and increase his mobility.

March brings spring and St. Patrick's Day; I look forward to both. March usually brings baseball. I'm not sure about that this year. I've barely thought about baseball this year, probably because there hasn't been much talk about the actual game; the talks been about the labor talks or really the lack thereof. I don't mind waiting for baseball, at least for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment