Monday, January 16, 2023

2023 Goals

Here are my 2023 goals. 

Stop drinking from January 2 to Valentine's Day: I'm already one-third of the way there. It gets easier each year. 

In addition, I want to limit my overall alcoholic consumption for health reasons. I think wine enhances meals. It's easy to get in the habit of pouring a glass (or two) with dinner, but it's not something I really need. My brother asked me why I don't quit completely, but I enjoy wine, beer, and cocktails. Also, as one doctor in the linked article says, "We did prohibition, it didn't work." I'll limit my drinking to weekends (except for special occasions.)

Reading: my goal is to read 40 books this year (last year's goal was 35). That amounts to less than half a book more each month. 

Go to the gym 150 times: I came close this year with 143 visits. I just have to keep plugging away. I also want to exercise for 30 minutes on days I don't make it to the gym. 

Write 200 blogposts: This is a doable goal even if I haven't done it the last two years. 

Now for the goals that are harder to measure.

Writing: I didn't get around to setting any kind of writing goals last year. I was disappointed in my writing production last year. Is it cause and effect? Could be.

On Friday, I decided I should spend two hours each day writing, editing, researching, blogging, journaling. In that two hours I have to write 200 words of new material. Friday was the only day I've managed to hit the goal. 

Art: I want to spend two hours a week making some kind of art. Right now, I'm thinking of art journals and artist trading cards.

There's work to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment