Sunday, January 29, 2023

Self Sabotage?

In my last entry (Friday) I suggested that I could get morning writing done by getting up and writing first thing.  So what did I do Saturday morning? I slept until 8. Jace wasn't ready to go out until 9:30. Did I spend that hour-and-a-half writing? No, I read some emails and played New York Times word games.

I did work for about two hours after walking Jace on my story for tomorrow's class and finished the story this afternoon. Ironically, I've been writing shorter, "tight" stories until this one--it's 815 words and four pages. Our limit is usually 850 words. This week the limit is two pages. I'm confused about how many words that is. Oh well, I'm not going to edit out half of the story. 

As for working on my book, as Scarlett O'Hara says, "tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment