Sunday, July 23, 2023

Friday Surprises

I caught a few minutes of Channel 12 News on Friday morning. There is a new pickle wine. I'll definitely try it when it becomes available. I haven't taken the plunge with pickle liquor (though I enjoy picklebacks.) Pickle potato chips are good; I didn't care for pickle almonds. I still can't believe that Trader Joe's discontinued pickle popcorn--that was the best. 

The second surprise was that Pequot Library was having a book sale. It was packed that afternoon. I had to drive around for while to find a parking spot about a block away.

Here are the books I bought: 

1. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

2. Round Up the Usual Suspects the Making of Casablanca--Bogart, Bergman, and World War II by Aljean Harmetz

3. Manhattan Noir Edited by Lawrence Block

4. The Accidental Suffragist by Galia Gichon

5. Bird by Bird Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne LaMott

6. the life-changing magic of tidying up the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing by marie kondo

I haven't decided what I'm reading next. Half of the books I've read so far this year have been histories or historical fiction. I'll see what catches my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment