Saturday, July 1, 2023

There's a Bad Mood on the Rise

For about a month or so, I've been maintaining some kind of decent mood. But things have gotten too much: I'm disgusted by the right's attack on women's health. Then there's the attack on drag queens--if the right were really concerned about children, it would focus on the Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts.

Here in Norwalk, the Planning and Zoning Commission is trying to push through changes that most Norwalkers are against. In our condo, the elevator keeps getting stuck, and our upstairs neighbors seemingly think it's acceptable to allow their toddler to run amok after 10 PM above our bedroom. 

While we've escaped really hot weather, it has been humid. Forecasts of rain earlier this week did not pan out, except for a few showers here and there. We really need a long soaking rain. Smoke from Canadian forest fires have returned; luckily they aren't as bad as they were a few weeks ago. Then there are the Mets--they won today, but wins are few and far between. What a crappy season.

I've been feeling overwhelmed again. Somedays it seems all I do is walk Jace, go with Jeff to the doctor's, and cook. That may not be true, but feelings count. 

I can get through this. I have to. Maybe the four-leaf clover I found recently will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment