Sunday, July 9, 2023

Mid-Year Goal Review

I had most of this post written, but stupidly lost it while attempting to delete something I had accidentally added. Ugh! It's even worse because I had planned to do a quarterly review. 

Here we go: 

Stop drinking from January 2 to Valentine's Day: done with no problems.

Stop drinking on weekdays: failed. Truthfully, I didn't expect to succeed here, but I'm drinking less, so that's a positive.

Read 40 books: By the end of June, I finished 16 books, so I'm behind schedule here. Yesterday I finished Book 17 (could be writing about that now, if I hadn't deleted an early version of this post.)

Go to the gym 150 times: Again, I'm behind schedule at the end of June with 64 visits. 

Write 200 blogposts: Way behind schedule with 68 posts. I can't afford any more blocks if I want to meet this goal.

Writing, editing, researching, blogging, journaling for two hours daily, creating 200 words of new material: What can I say--this was not only a failure, but a dismal failure. I had a special notebook to track how much time I spent and how many words I produced. I stopped tracking time in February--I guess I was too embarrassed to continue--and have recently started to recreate the number of words in May. I need to prioritize my writing STAT.

Spend two hours a week making some kind of art: Another fail. I don't have a crafting area, and that is hurting me. As I write this, it sounds like bullshit. Another area to prioritize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment