Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thoughts for a Thursday

It gets confusing when there are holidays mid-week. I have to keep asking myself what day it is. 

HHH. I don't think it's an official heat wave until three days of 90 degrees or more. It's only been two days of 90 degrees, but it's been bad for several more. Just for fun, we're also dealing with bad air quality--first because of Canadian forest fires, more recently because of ozone. 

I had planned to go to the gym on Monday but got wiped out by a walk with Jace. Tuesday, I took care of the birds at the New Canaan Nature Center and a few mammals as well. I had a small window to get to the gym (it closed at 1 for the holiday.) I don't remember if I forgot it or blew it off. Yesterday, I was too mad. Today was the day--it felt good to get back to the gym. 

Yesterday I realized, I'd be going by The Little Kitchen--one of our favorites--and decided to get take-out. That's an easy way to keep the kitchen from heating up. We ordered two entrees (chicken with crispy spinach and dry sauteed Szechuan beef) and an appetizer of sesame noodles. It's not particularly frugal, but we got dinner and lunch from the two entrees. We had the sesame noodle for dinner tonight; I also made an arugula salad.

At best, my food saving efforts are a wash. I used a can of opened beans, but tossed a bunch of green beans and spinach. And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment