Monday, February 5, 2024

More on Books Read in 2023

I did a rough breakdown of 29 books that I read in 2023.

History--10 books

Historical Fiction--six books

Mystery/Suspense--eight books

Writing--one book

Popular Culture--one book

Fiction (a catchall category for the rest)--three books

In 2022, I read 35 books.10 were history, eight nonfiction, nine were mystery/suspense, three were pop culture, two science fiction, 2 were collections, and one general fiction. 

In 2021, 10 history, two historical fiction, seven mystery/suspense, seven science fiction, one fantasy, four memoir, and two general fiction for a total of 33 books.

I am a little surprised that I'm consistently reading more history than the other categories. Within the history category, I've read more about Tudor history than other eras. Many of my selections are from books I got at library sales. Could those sales just have better history selections? At any rate, the book I just started is another in the history category.

Maybe a trip to browse the books at the library or a bookstore is in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment