Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Work in Progress...Or Not

I wrote a post last night about goals, accomplishments and disappointments. I had procrastinated for weeks before I wrote it. I barely touched on the issues that I need to address.

I stopped for two reasons. I hadn't thought through all the issues. It was getting late (11:41 PM.) It was after midnight before I got into bed. I was tired when I heard the alarm this morning and turned it off. The next thing I knew, it was 9 AM.

I was in the weird position of missing a goal because I was writing about my goals.

That moment is emblematic of my life. It reminds me of something I wrote in March 2006: Each wrong step I make pushes me deeper down in the crap, the pile of things to do.

There's always more.

I'm not going to give up. I will never do everything I want to do or should do, but I can do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment