Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fringe Series Finale

Last night we watched the last episode of Fringe. We've watched Fringe from the beginning. It wasn't always easy to follow, and it seems like some loose ends were dropped along the way, but we've enjoyed it. I especially liked the season when Faux-Olivia from the parallel universe took over for Olivia and the last season.

Let me get my complaint about the finale out of the way: too many damn commercials. I've never actually counted, but if I recall correctly, Fringe just had commercials each fifteen minutes. Last night it seemed as if there were one commercial for every two scenes. Very annoying.

I read a report on CNN and expected the finale to be sad. I did tear up a bit but it was bittersweet instead of depressing. Walter will never see Peter and the others again, but he saved the world. It seemed like a kind of karmic payback because Walter originally stole Peter from the parallel universe and Walternate.

I'm intrigued by the successful plan to reset time. Peter and Olivia return to an idyllic picnic with their young daughter--their happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment