Tuesday, June 18, 2013

True Blood: Season Six Begins

Episode One: Who Are You Really?

I enjoy True Blood; it's must-see TV for us. But I watched the season premiere twice and am ambivalent about it.

I'm intrigued by the human backlash against the vampires.
The governor looks like a good character (but why was the factory scene so long?)
I want to see Sookie meet Andy's girls.

On the other hand...

I like the idea of the werewolves better than the execution. They seem to be too easily addicted to V; how can they be formidable foes?  I hated Alicide biting into a hunk of JD's arm in human form. Nasty.  

Tara and Pam--I prefer to see them as friends rather than lovers.

Sam and Emma--I won't particularly miss Luna but have no interest in seeing Sam raise Emma. We already have a human and faery children, do we need a shifter and a werewolf child?  Maybe it's a way to get Sam and Alcide working together. I liked when they allied themselves against Marcus. In a preview scene,  Alcide speculates that humans will come after the other supes. Maybe that's what will get shifters and werewolves together.

I don't know what to  think about Bill? Is he a supervamp or something beyond that?  

Is there some kind of family theme this season? Bill and Jessica, new dads Andy and Sam and their kids, the wolf pack.

What about the Stackhouses? Is Rutger Hauer a long lost relative?

I hope to see more of the characters back in Bon Temps, going through the daily routines complicated by various supes--more like the first season which remains my favorite. 

I'll be watching next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment