Saturday, September 12, 2015

Reunion

I went to a work reunion today. I had run into a former co-worker at the dog park about a year ago. She found my card with my email address, forwarded the invitation to me, and Jeff and I went.

I was one of the few from my division, but I still knew most of the people. It was fun to see people I haven't seen in years, plus a few I'd like to see on an ongoing basis.

Two people told me how our old company was like a family, and that they haven't experienced the same feeling in today's corporate world. I didn't quite get the family feeling myself. For one thing, I didn't work in the original smaller location. I was also a little bitter when my job was eliminated. Other managers saved people who had lost jobs. No one cared enough to save me. Maybe that was my fault, I don't know.

Regardless, it was fun today, and I'd like to go to another reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment