Sunday, December 15, 2019

Art & Text Reception

Norwalk is one of 13 public libraries participating in exhibits about art and text. Basically, artists are creating visual representations of poems in paintings or other artwork. I love the idea of the exhibit and knew two people whose poems had been selected, so I went.

I got to the reception early and entered the library by the back door. I checked out the exhibit, but didn't realize the reception was held in the front of the library. The downside was that I was too late to get a seat, and the room was warm and crowded. I didn't appreciate the poetry as much as I would have if I were more comfortable. I still enjoyed hearing the poetry and how the artists interpreted the poems.

After the adults read, we heard from poets and artists from grades 6 through 12 at Winston Preparatory School, and finally a few poems from participants at the Norwalk Housing Authority Stem Club. These kids were in grades 1 through 5.

I love to see kids involved in the arts at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment