Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A Post of Photos

I was looking through some photos on my phone and decided to post a few.


This is Oyster Shell Park; I liked the color of the trees.  They reminded me of these.



Here's another painted stone I saw along the Norwalk River Valley Trail. 


Last week as we did a loop at Oyster Shell Park, Lola and I were surprised when a hawk swooped down, flying about four feet off the ground. It landed in this tree. Lola stood and stared in the hawk's direction for a few moments.  

It's amazing how much larger the hawk appeared in full wingspan than it did perched on this branch. I stopped to take some photos; I couldn't get a good shot. While taking the pictures, I dropped a glove and bent to pick it up. When I looked up, the hawk was gone: thin tree branches swaying in its wake. The hawk had moved on to a taller tree. 

Apparently hawks are generally solitary and territorial. I guess this is the same hawk I've seen before at Oyster Shell. 



Jeff gave me this ornament on Saturday evening. I love it; I've often said that I would loved for Lola to have met Spike. Here she sits with us and angel Spike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment