Saturday, December 14, 2019

Pacing

I'm a regular reader of Laura Vanderkam's blog and receive emails from her. Last week's email advised me to pace myself. I have a bad habit of underestimating how much time it takes me to do things. That leads to putting too many things on my to-do lists for the next day.

Sometimes it works to just put fewer things on a daily list; sometimes it works to list things to do for a week.

At one time, I was concentrating on three ongoing things each week: buy and get food on the table, take Lola out for walks, and do the laundry. Those chores were the minimum I needed to get done, besides work.

Recently I've prioritized working out and that has made a huge difference. For the next week I need to prioritize cleaning, Christmas prep, and packing.

There's always more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment