Thursday, April 16, 2020

RIP Brian Dennehy

I'm sure I had seen Brian Dennehy before, but I really took notice of him in 1986's F/X. Leo McCarthy could have been just another stereotypical cop: the one who gets the job done, but doesn't play by the rules, and pisses off his bosses. Dennehy make McCarthy a real person. I understood him and rooted for him.

F/X made Brian Dennehy my favorite actor beating out my faves from classic Hollywood such as Humphrey Bogart, Claude Rains, and Frederic March. Dennehy was frightening as John Wayne Gacy in To Catch a Killer and mesmerizing as Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman. Jeff took me to Death of a Salesman for my birthday in 1999. I remember watching Dennehy's every move on stage.

Brian Dennehy--a great actor who will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment