Sunday, April 26, 2020

Writing Update

I recently started another writing class--this time it's Flash Fiction & Micro Fiction. It was supposed to be held at Norwalk Public Library staring on March 16. On the 13th, the class was postponed. I was bummed. At the time, the recommendation was to avoid groups of 25 or more people. Our class wasn't that big. Obviously, it was the right decision to postpone the class and close the library.

On April 6, we started our class on Zoom. It's worked pretty well for the most part. A person with an old phone and old computer can't access the class. A few people had trouble with their Internet access last week.

I like the challenge of working within a short form. Flash Fiction is a story of 1000 or fewer words. Micro Fiction is 300 words or fewer. For last week's assignment, I wrote only 113 words. It was more a poem than a story.

Bonus: We are submitting stories from our last class: WPA inspired writing for a possible anthology. I had to type one and format a few, but I'm ready to send them out today. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment