Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Another Noir: Fallen Angel

I enjoyed Wicked Woman, last weeks' Noir  Alley selection on TCM, so I recorded this week's Fallen Angel. I don't think I've heard of the film before. But Otto Preminger made this film a year after Laura with some of the same actors and crew. I love Laura. Bonus: Dana Andrews stars.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. TCM's host Eddie Muller mentioned that Dana Andrews didn't like the script; he wanted to do Leave Her to Heaven. I would have loved to see him in that film instead of Cornel Wilde. Muller also mentioned that Darryl Zanuck cut several key scenes with Alice Faye to give more screen time to Linda Darnell. That was a bad move because Faye's character's decisions don't make much sense. Plus, I don't get why he thought Linda Darnell was so great. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment