Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Book 11: Billy Boyle A World War II Mystery by James R. Benn

Two years ago, I went to Crime Con at Stamford Library. There were several presentations and discussions with authors and forensic experts.

Of course, the authors had books for sale. I was disappointed with the selections. Most authors had only the latest in their series of books available: I prefer to start with the first book. The authors, however, were more interested in selling their latest publications.

I ended up buying The Devouring A Billy Boyle Mystery by James R. Been. About a year later, I found the first book in the series at a Norwalk Library book sale.

It took me about 40-50 pages to get into Billy Boyle. The last 150 pages or so were suspenseful. I'm glad I read it and hope that if I read The Devouring next, I don't miss some important details from the other books.

I've only read four of the 19 books I have available to read. I may not have to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment