Sunday, May 17, 2020

Book 10: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

This is one of many library sale purchases that languished on my bookshelf for years (though not as long as The Money Drunk and A Room of One's Own.) I'm not sure why it took me so long to read it. I read Northanger Abbey in college and liked it--though I don't remember much of it now.

It took me about 50 pages before I got into the story, and then I really enjoyed it. My book is the companion volume to the BBC mini-series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle on the cover. I can't not picture Colin Firth as Darcy. I'll have to watch that: it'd be fun to see Julia Sawalha who I know as uptight Saffron on Absolutely Fabulous as the morally questionable Lydia. I'll also have to check out the Keira Knightley--Matthew Macfadyen version of the story.

I'll also seek out Austen's other books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment