Friday, November 27, 2020

A Different Kind of Black Friday

I was never a part of the Black Friday shopping routine. The big difference this year is that I'm not hearing/reading stories about the lines, the crowds, the fights. Some stores even decided to close on Thanksgiving, stopping the last few years' sales creep into the holiday.

We had a quiet day. I spent most of it doing laundry: I had an extra few days' more laundry than usual, plus sheets I had forgotten about when I reorganized the linen closet. I also needed to wash the bathroom rug.  I walked Lola around the neighborhood his morning, then Jeff and I walked her at Oyster Shell Park and through South Norwalk this afternoon

I was happy with our Thanksgiving meal from Whole Foods yesterday. The only issue is that it forgot my order of lobster bisque. I made salad because I thought the green beans with scallions would be overcooked, but they were deliciously crunchy. I've never been a fan of gravy, but this gravy was good. I probably had crappy gravy for most of my life and only thought I didn't like it. 

We had leftover turkey sandwiches for lunch today, leftover green beans with salmon for dinner, and still have much more leftovers. But that's how we planned it: lots of leftovers. 

Last night we watched a film Charlie Says--not the usual Thanksgiving Day fare. It's a different take on the Manson family focused on Leslie Van Houten, Susan Atkins, and Patricia Krenwinkel after they've been in prison for three years. The acting was good especially Matt Smith as Manson (although he was too tall) and Hannah Murray as Leslie Van Houten. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment