Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Art Work

I had a good mixed media and collage class today. Before class, I reviewed what's in my bag. I have more clippings, postcards, etc. than I can comfortably carry, so I selected files of images to work with today. I remember our instructor Mari talking about wax, so I threw some colorful candles into my bag. I was in the kitchen a few minutes later and grabbed some aluminum foil.

I guess I can say I painted my first two abstract paintings today. First I played with gesso, wax, acrylic paint, and imitation gold foil. I used a paintbrush with the gesso, then later used toothpicks, Q-tips, and the outer edge of the Jerry's Artarama frequent buyer card with acrylic paint. I added some images to one painting. On a fourth page, I used the aluminum foil to make a mirror. I framed it with an arch from a theater and a string of Egyptian hieroglyphics. I glued an image of Nefertiti to the "mirror" and used a pastel pencil to fill in the background. I'll add something else to it, but ran out of time.

We don't have class next week. I'll try to do some work on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment