Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Election Hangover

 I went to bed last night around 11:40. I had fallen asleep on the couch again, and there wouldn't be any determination of the presidency any time soon. I went to bed earlier than I did four years ago, and it was less certain who would win last night. Four years ago, I woke up in the morning wishing that CNN would report that some horrible mistake had been made.  

This morning I woke up almost afraid to turn on the TV. As the day went on, things looked brighter for Biden.

I don't understand how any rational, reasonable person could have voted for Trump in 2016. This year it's even more incomprehensible given Trump's disregard for people, institutions, and the truth. Then there's Trump's criminally negligent response to the Covid-19 pandemic. 

If we re-elect Trump, we deserve all the hell he'll unleash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment