Sunday, November 15, 2020

On the Homefront

I've been in a bit of a cleaning mode. These are few and far between, so I need to take advantage of them. Unfortunately, I didn't finish cleaning the living room. By the time I do, the kitchen and bathrooms will need to be cleaned again. That's the thing I hate most about cleaning: it never ends. 

Today I was in a cooking mode. First, Jeff and I tag-teamed brunch--a difficult undertaking in our small kitchen. We had scrambled eggs with vegetables and cheese, bacon, toast, and a fruit cup. 

I've been talking about making chili all week. I finally made a big batch in the crockpot today with ground beef and ground bison. I needed to use two ripe avocados, so I made a salad with them and tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic. 

I tried a new recipe for dinner: French Onion Chicken. It was good and fairly easy to make with chicken thighs, onion, chicken broth, and thyme. I'll tweak it a bit, add garlic, maybe less chicken broth, and add it to our meal rotation. 

We had two nice walks in Wilton this weekend at the NRVT yesterday and Schenck's Island today. Both days it was nicer than I expected. I probably wouldn't have gone out except for Lola. Thank you Lola. 

No comments:

Post a Comment