Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Long National Nightmare is (Almost) Over

I'm paraphrasing Gerald Ford in his inaugural address. But I'm not talking about Watergate and miscellaneous lawbreaking of the Nixon administration. I'm talking about the 2012 Presidential election.

I realize that Presidential campaigns begin immediately after the previous Presidential election. Did hundreds of Republican primaries start early in 2009 or does it just seem that way?

Political commercials have inundated the airwaves--thank you Supreme Court. Jeff started to hit the mute button every time a campaign ad came on TV.

Jeff and I voted this morning--not a big crowd in Norwalk, CT.  CT went for Democrats Obama, Murphy, and Himes (our representative.) No one was surprised that Obama took the state. Murphy's margin over WWE magnate, Linda McMahon, surprised me. Local news pundits suggest that voters resented McMahon's use of her own millions for her campaign.

CNN says it may not be as long a night that they thought: good news for President Obama (and me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment