Wednesday, May 19, 2021

On Writing Goals

Yesterday a friend asked me if I was writing. I wish I could have answered yes, without a "but" or a "well." 

My writing class is continuing. I thought Monday might have been the last class but I was wrong. Homework for next Monday is a story up to 850 words about auditions for a community theater production. I got an idea for the main character almost immediately. I wrote 386 words so far (most of them yesterday.) Today I got the idea to have three or four point-of-view characters. It will be hard to do in 850 words. But I'll see what I can do. I haven't tried multiple POV's in years except for one specific assignment.

I had an idea this month to review all of my story ideas/partial stories/memoirs, etc. to decide what I should work on. Now's the time for me to make a serious effort to write. Well, I haven't gotten around to that. 

I need to stop fooling around and procrastinating. I remember this from the last episode of  Roseanne (otherwise a bad episode) "Dreams don't work without action." 

No comments:

Post a Comment