Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Thoughts on Oyster Shell Park

Last Thursday as Lola and I walked around Oyster Shell Park, I realized that I have come to think of Oyster Shell as my park. I guess I should say our park. The last time I remember going to Oyster Shell without Lola was two years ago: Jeff and I went to a craft beer tasting. 

I like that Oyster Shell is within walking distance, though I usually don't walk there. I love that the lower path is along the Norwalk River. I like to watch the rowers on the river. I like to look for the various animals at Oyster Shell: groundhogs, rabbits, the many birds (seagulls, swans, red-winged blackbirds, egrets, and hawks.)

Here are some recent photos from Oyster Shell: 



The only downside is one side borders I-95, and the hum or roar of traffic is always present. Yet the park, for the most part, remains a relaxing place for a stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment