Saturday, May 29, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend

As I have probably written here dozens of times, I don't like to travel on holiday weekends. I can do without extra traffic and crowds. 

I understand this Memorial Day is special for many people--the first, almost post-pandemic holiday. Unfortunately the weather is extreme in parts of the country--here in the New York City area, we have record cold and rain. We didn't go to DPF and had to postpone meeting a relative, which involved an outdoor meeting. No biggie, it's not like we planned a vacation. 

Today I did some cleaning and cooking. For lunch, I made chicken soup from the broth I  made the other day. We had duck breast with fruit sauce and vegetable medley for dinner. I asked myself why I made a potentially messy dinner after thoroughly cleaning the stovetop today.

I also started on a story for my writing class. We don't meet this Monday because of the holiday, but it's nice to have an idea of what I'm writing. Our assignment is to write a one-page monologue or story about some kind of theater ghost. 

The Westport Fine Arts Festival is this weekend. The organizers seem to be cursed. Last year they changed the day from sometime in July (after a series of 90-plus degree Festival weekends) to May. Of course, Covid-19 ruined any in-person festivals last spring/summer. This year they have record cold. I'm not tempted to attend this year based on the cold, but I learned yesterday that the Westport Library book sale is also this weekend. I enjoyed the Pequot Library book sale so much. I'm willing to brave the cold for more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment