Wednesday, February 16, 2022

MidWeek Miscellanea

Miscellanea is a good topic for a blog post that will be interrupted and perhaps disjointed. I'm doing laundry and will have to go to the laundry room at least once while writing this. We only have two loads today; usually it's three or four.

I've been thinking about schedules and routines lately. My Monday morning writing class is my only ongoing scheduled item. I've gotten into two routines: food shopping on Tuesday morning and laundry on Wednesday morning. I'm starting Lola on a Tuesday and Friday visit to the vet for her fluid infusions. It breaks my heart to see her so scared every time we get into the car, so I switched from three to two vet visits a week. 

We had a February Dog Park Saturday and met John, Jen, and Katie. Katie had a great time chasing her ball. Lola ran across the field, but otherwise hung by the picnic table. It was windy, but we stayed for almost two hours. This was a change for Lola; I've only been taking her to Oyster Shell Park lately.

I picked up Diablo Mesa yesterday from the library. It's the latest by Preston and Child in the Nora Kelly/Corrie Swanson book series. I had finished Emma on Saturday morning. I had debated reading War and Peace next, but knew I would read Diablo Mesa as soon as I got my heads on it. I read magazines for a few days. 

I wasn't thrilled with my story for last Monday's class. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good. I liked the set up though. We have two weeks before our next class. Our assignment: write a congratulatory letter to a newly published author and mention a bad review. I think I want to be a jealous writing friend and be sarcastic. Play with that idea for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment