Monday, April 25, 2022

A Weekend of Nature, Art, Music, and Cocktails

There were so many things to do this past weekend, I couldn't do them all. In the previous month, I only had one listing in my engagement calendar (I sound like someone out of a Jane Austen novel.) 

First I went to an Earth Day celebration at the New Canaan Nature Center. I showed my friend the birds that I help care for (more on that in a future post.) We spoke with people from the garden club, Conservation Commission, a bird of prey rescue and rehabilitation group, and a beekeeper. We also listened to music from School of Rock. We watched the release of a red tail hawk. Unfortunately, two other nearby red tail hawks weren't very friendly. Luckily, the released bird wasn't hurt. 

Our next stop was the open studios at Wilson Avenue Loft Artists. We saw works of about a dozen artists and talked to some of them.

On Sunday, Jeff and I went to the Hempening at Sono 1420. We had cocktails and tacos, and listened to music by Residual Groove. It was sad when the bartender asked about Lola--we had always taken her with before.

All-in-all, a nice spring weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment