Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thoughts for a Thursday

Unhandy

Unfortunately, that describes both Jeff and me. Having a handy partner would sure come in handy. (Sorry.) Yesterday I rehung some pictures in the bath, and cleaned some globes for our hall ceiling light. I had a lot of trouble screwing the globes and bulbs back in. I wish I were taller; I don't like standing on a ladder, even a stepladder.

Getting Back

Jeff and I went to the gym yesterday--the first time for me in 12 days. I don't know how long it's been for Jeff. I had a better workout than I expected. 

Weather wise

After I wrote about how unfair it was that it was so warm after Lola's death, it turned cold. Damn, just as I was ready to go outside and enjoy the nice weather.

Let's Go Mets!

Yesterday they had the best record in baseball. But standings change quickly in the early days of the season. Of course, when you're a Mets fan, you never know. There's a reason a book about the Mets is called, So Many Ways to Lose

Thank You Chewy

Jeff had bought cans of Kidney Diet food as well as subcutaneous fluids from Chewy for Lola. We had a lot left over. Not only did Chewy gave Jeff a refund and told him to dispose of the products, but they also sent Jeff flowers. We're donating the Chewy products, along with Lola's bed to DAWS where we got Lola six years ago. 

Friends

Our friend Jen also sent us flowers. She keeps checking in to see if we're doing okay. It's comforting to have her support.

No comments:

Post a Comment