Saturday, April 2, 2022

Self-Care in Small Doses

This post is almost a month old--I meant to write about it before. The timing coincides with some health problems with Lola which is probably why I didn't post then.

I have also bought daffodils at Trader Joe's and other grocery stores. I don't buy flowers every time I buy groceries, but there is something about daffodils and the longing for spring that is almost irresistible to me. 

I remember Julia Cameron writing about treating yourself in The Artist's Way. At one point, she and her husband Mark spent the last of their money on good socks because people deserve to have good socks. I also recently read this article about the pandemic and little treats. We can all benefit from little treats.

Spring brings other small pleasures. Yesterday I saw a Great Egret at Oyster Shell Park. Unfortunately, it flew away quickly, and I couldn't get a photo. It made me happy to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment