Saturday, April 9, 2022

Opening Night on the Road

Starring the New York Mets v. the Washington Nationals.

I'm not as excited about the 2022 Opening Day as I've been in previous years. It's a combination of the lockout and lack of baseball news and being preoccupied with other concerns such as Lola's health. But we knew we would watch the game. The original 4 PM start was changed to 7 PM and then rain further delayed the start of the game until 8:20. 

I couldn't stay up until the end of the game, but at least I saw all the scoring. The Mets won 5-1. Substitute starter Tylor Megill did a great job: he pitched three innings, gave up three hits, no earned runs, no walks, and six strikeouts. Megill joined Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Tom Seaver as the Mets fourth Opening Day starter to strike out at least six batters without allowing a run. Impressive company.

New Met Max Scherzer started and won Game Two against his old team--the final score was 7-3. The game was available only on Apple TV+. I don't like this new trend. I missed this game, but kept track on my MLB app on my phone. Back to regular TV for tonight's game and the Mets debut of another new pitcher Chris Bassitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment