Sunday, April 17, 2022

Book 11: Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

I enjoyed this book, while cringing at Strayed's lack of preparation and some of her decisions. Despite all this, Stray succeeded in a her hike on the PCT. I admire her fortitude, determination, and strength.

I like to walk and hike. I camped overnight once on a group rafting trip in a campsite with bathrooms. I would never want to make Cheryl's trip. (Plus, I'm now 40 years older than Cheryl was on her hike.)

My most challenging hike was with Jeff at Acadia National Park. The gently sloping decline described by a guide was a steep decline followed by climbing over rock piles. It was only a stressful few hours, nothing like what Strayed endured.

I liked when Strayed recognized that despite two bad encounters, she received a lot of  help from people and made friends along the trail: an optimistic observation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment