Thursday, September 15, 2022

A Wednesday in a Life

I don't remember the last time I did a post like this.

Here goes:

A tough morning with Jace started with him barking around 4:30 or so. I managed just a few more minutes of sleep before walking Jace at 7:15.

I had already decided that it would be a day for home chores starting with making flank steak black bean chili.

Before I started on the chili. I cut up peaches. They had ripened the day before and some had spots. We had peaches with breakfast. I worked on the chili and cleaning up after myself from about 9 to 11, finally showering then. I took Jace on another walk, sorted the laundry, and ran a few errands.

After a late lunch I doctored the chili, did dishes, and exercised. I took another walk with Jace and made an arugula, pear, and dried berry salad. When I cut the peaches in the morning, I saw that the pears and one avocado were also ripe and planned to use them the same day. I'm still a work in progress, but I am getting better at reducing food waste. 

We had the chili with fresh avocado and the salad for dinner and watched the Mets lose again. Sigh. I tried to come up with a story idea for my homework with no luck. I took Jace out for a quick pee break, and went to bed. Not exactly a red letter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment