Saturday, September 10, 2022

Two Weeks with Jace

Thursday marked two weeks since Jace came to live with us. It's been fun but challenging. We've settled into a routine. We usually get up between 6:30 and 7. I wash up, brush my teeth, and dress. He waits patiently. We do a long morning walk--about 45-50 minutes. I like to try new routes around the neighborhood. Today we went to Oyster Shell Park. 

When we return, I give Jace breakfast. Then he usually veges on the couch. We've been going out for two or three walks each day and a few pee breaks. He always wants to walk. He is mostly friendly with all the other dogs. Mimi who lives on the third floor is an issue. She won't stop barking when we meet and Jace does the same. Last night I took him out for his last break a little earlier to avoid running into her at 10. 

Jace has met Dylan and Jack twice. The first time Dylan leaned down from the wall (and invisible fence boundary) and Jace put his front paws on the wall to get closer. It was so cute. Thursday we saw them again. Jack looked vicious, baring his teeth. He always barked at Lola but never looked so mean. Dylan is a sweetheart. Just by walking down Highwood Avenue, we ignited a chorus of barking of the street's dogs. 

On Thursday at Oyster Shell, I saw an egret, swans and a hawk. I followed the hawk around to get some picture. Unfortunately, this was the best I could get. 



Looking forward to exploring new places with Jace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment