Friday, September 30, 2022

Friday Miscellanea: Halloween, Housework, Ian, and the Mets

In recent walks with Jace, I've been checking out seasonal decorations and seen more general autumn than Halloween decor. You know pumpkins, scarecrows, artificial autumn leaves, gold and orange flowers (sorry, I don't know the names.) I've seen a handful of houses with specific Halloween decorations: one with inflatable figures. Surprisingly, the house up the street, that usually vomits inflatables on its lawn each year, is strangely bereft. So far, anyway. I'll see how long that lasts.

For the past few weeks, I've done minimum housework. The dishes and laundry have been completed, and the worst of the messes cleaned, but that leaves a lot to be desired. I've started...That's all I can say. Two days of rain, courtesy of Hurricane Ian, will keep me inside for a good part of the weekend. If not now, when?

The Mets are playing in their most important series of the regular season. As I write this, the Mets are down 1 to 3 in the 7th. Jacob deGrom gave up three homeruns; his ERA is now over 3. 

I don't feel so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment