Sunday, September 25, 2022

Book 26: Neighbors & Other Stories by Bette Bono

Bonus: I went to Bette's author talk yesterday at the library.

After I finished my last book, I read some magazines and then picked up Elizabeth of York: A Tudor Queen and Her World. Then last Saturday, I bought Bette Bono's book, Neighbors and Other Stories at the latest flea market. I put Elizabeth aside to read Bette's book before her author talk. I wrote that it's not often I read a book by an author I know. Now I've read all three of Bette's books. 

It was especially fun to read this book, because many (if not all) of the stories were written for our writing class. Bette edited and polished the stories, but as I once told her--her rough drafts were equal of many of our finished products. 

Bette also shared that her next book is a second collection of short stories, and that she is working on another time travel novel about the progressive era.

No comments:

Post a Comment