Thursday, February 2, 2023

Welcome February

February is my least favorite month. But I welcome it because we need to get through February to get to March and spring. Plus I didn't enjoy the last few days of January. I went into a funk last week at this time. I had an ambitious to-do list and barely made a dent in it. Then I got thinking about self sabotage; I had trouble with my story; Jasper landed on my head. I started to turn things around yesterday.

***

I woke up to snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's as if winter itself suddenly woke up and said, "I better get to work." It had been in the fifties on Sunday and Monday, and the snow didn't linger. New York City got its first snow of the season yesterday--apparently a news story of the utmost importance.

I checked the news to see what Punxsutawney Phil predicted. Whatever he says, we have six more weeks of winter--I just hope it feels like spring. 

*** 

February brings Valentine's Day. It's overhyped, but I still enjoy it. Jeff and I are talking about dinner plans. I'm thinking a sushi appetizer and a saketini. Do I want to cook or get more takeout? Oh, we'll need dessert too. Decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment