Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day

A day late. I got as far as typing the title before I decided I was too tired to post. I soon fell asleep, my book falling from my grasp. 

I picked it up this morning, and well, that will be another post.

We had a nice Valentine's Day. I had my usual Tuesday appointment with the NCNC birds of prey, and Jeff had a physical therapy appointment. After that we had lunch at Oak + Almond. I'd been to the previous incarnation of the restaurant Tuscan Oven several times. This was our first visit to Oak + Almond. My Chicken Milanese was good and I tried a Vermentino.

Then I took Jace to Winslow Park in Westport. The best part of the day was that temperatures reached the mid-fifties. On the way home I picked up dessert at Whole Foods--an individual triple chocolate mousse and an individual carrot cake. We ended up not eating them, so desserts for tonight. 

By the time I left Whole Foods, it was almost five. We had already planned to get sushi for dinner, so Jeff ordered the food and I stopped to pick it up at Little Tokyo. The restaurant was a zoo. About ten people were dining in, and four to-go bags/trays lined the small bar by the cash register. Two of the workers were yelling to each other across the floor and we had a line of people picking up takeout. They couldn't find our order; I waited at least 20 minutes.  Later I realized how mellow I was about the wait. I was joking about it with one of the other customers. If it had happened the previous week, I would have been stressed out. Thank goodness for good moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment