Thursday, February 16, 2023

Book Six: The Cabinet of Dr. Leng by Preston & Child

I loved this book, with a big but. The book ends with "TO BE CONCLUDED..." I knew when I got to Chapter 76 with only 13 pages remaining that there was no way Preston & Child could finish the story. 

Constance Greene uses the machine discovered in Bloodless to return to her home of 1880s New York City to save her brother and sister from premature death. In the original time line, Mary is killed in a gruesome death at the hands of Dr. Enoch Leng, and Joe is murdered in a pickpocket attempt gone wrong. Constance also wants to stop Dr. Leng's murderous experiements. 

Preston & Child call The Cabinet of Dr. Leng the third book in the Leng Quartet. The Quartet begins with The Cabinet of Curiosities (so glad I reread it) then Bloodless. The fourth book is now being written. At least Preston & Child write faster than George RR Martin. 

I can't wait to finish the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment