Thursday, February 23, 2023

Mid-week Check-In

I usually think of Wednesday as mid-week. But if  you consider the whole seven days, and not the traditional work week, Thursday is mid-week. So, here I go.

I spent most of Tuesday thinking it was Wednesday--I didn't feel well, so didn't go to the New Canaan Nature Center to care for the birds of prey. That's what messed up my sense of days. Anyway, Wednesday felt like Thursday. Now, I feel like I've found an extra day.

The best part of yesterday was my morning with Jace. We sat together on the bed and I pet him for about 20 minutes. We both had breakfast before we took our first walk at 9:20. It was 30 degrees when I woke up at 6:30. It was around 40 degrees when we went out. We got the only sun of the day, and it was nice. This morning, we're back to damp, bleak, and dreary. It's also colder, our days of temperatures in the 50s and even 60s are gone for awhile. Jace and I encountered some sleety show on our late afternoon walk. Can we really get through February with virtually no snow?

I've done a lot of light cleaning over the past few days, plus I cleaned the kitchen floor (not a light cleaning job.) I also (finally) installed the new shower head that I bought for Christmas. I kept forgetting and/or procrastinating. Jeff helped by explaining that the "ball pipe" was part of our old showerhead and not part of our shower arm, and I could remove it with our large wrench (not with our standard tool kit.) I'm not handy so I'm proud of any handiwork that I manage to do.

This morning I got up around 6 to get started on the laundry. Three loads done and it's not even 10 o'clock yet. I still need to fold it and put it away, but that's the easy part for me.

I'm going to spend the bulk of the day writing. That's something I don't say or do enough. I have a story due for class on Monday. Right now I have an idea and 85 words. I also have a book on railroads to review and a Thurber short story that takes place on the Housatonic Railroad to read. 

Let's get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment