Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Christmas Shoppe at the Merwinsville Hotel

Cynthis and I drove up to Merwinsville on Friday, the opening day of its Christmas Shoppe--a kind of combination Christmas display and holiday sale. 

One room on the main level has a railroad running through a village as well as World's Fair miniatures of various amusement rides. A collection of Santas were in a corner of another room. The Nutcracker collection was on the second floor. 

Then there were all the things for sale: jewelry, pottery, glassware, dolls, knitted mittens and hats, scarves, ornaments, paintings, and plants. 

I only bought a few things this year. The first is a beagle ornament. Now we have several beagle ornaments already, but this was different. I also got a wooden gift tag that says "Merry Christmas." I thought this would look nice hanging on our door and for $3, why not? 

I have three Merwinsville wine glasses that are starting to lose their logos. I decided to get replacements. Each glass was $5, but I got four for $18. Sounds frugal to me. 

It's been a year since I've been to the hotel. It felt good to see it again

No comments:

Post a Comment