Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I'm embarrassed to say today is the first time I heard how the expression Black Friday originated--the period when retailers are turning a profit or are in the black. Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping says the original term refers to disruptive pedestrian and vehicular traffic the day after Thanksgiving.

Whatever the origin, I an not a participant in Black Friday. It goes against my every instinct for a successful shopping trip.

Jeff and I relaxed today. He started some work he needs to do and I prepped for tutorials this weekend. Karl sent us home with leftover turkey and pulled pork from the party last month. We had delicious pulled pork sandwiches with a carrot/raisin/dried cherry salad for dinner.

Time to relax again.

No comments:

Post a Comment