Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Writer's Cafe

Writers Artists Collaborative is running a series at the Westport Art Center. Today was the second in a series of Writer's Cafes--lunchtime gatherings for writers. I'll return next month; I'm curious to see how the group will develop.

We did an exercise today: write nine things you forget and nine things you remember (in ten minutes.) I didn't get the exercise until we shared our lists. In some cases, the lists were rich enough to pass for lines of poetry. Other lists were great for writing subjects. Some focused on specific days or events; other lists seemed disconnected.

I can write several memoir pieces from the list of things I remember--I already wrote about the limo from hell for the New Canaan memoir class. The list of things I don't remember could be weaved into some poetry.

Pretty good writing exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment